Father Damien’s sainthood: Here's the complete TV and relic tour scheduleby: Sherie Char
posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 at 02:03 AM
• Oct. 13: Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament (Detroit)—Archdiocese of Detroit, Mich.; 7 p.m. Reception of relic; 7:30 p.m. vespers; 7:50 to 9 p.m. silent veneration.
• Oct. 14: Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament (Detroit)—7:15 a.m. Mass with Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron; 1 p.m. Scripture service for priests and religious (open to the public); 3 p.m. healing Mass, with the Anointing of the Sick; 7 p.m. Mass
• Oct. 15: St. Mary’s Cathedral (San Francisco)—Evening veneration.
• Oct. 16: St. Joseph Basilica (Alameda)—Diocese of Oakland
• Oct. 17: Relic arrives in Honolulu with Bishop Larry Silva. Departs for Kona at 3:09 p.m.
• Oct. 17: Arrives in Kona at 3:52 p.m. accompanied by Sacred Hearts Father Lane Akiona and Randy King.
• Oct. 18: Immaculate Conception Church (Holuoloa)—8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mass; healing prayer service with anointing of the sick; visitation.
St. Michael Church (Kailua‐Kona)—2 to 3:30 p.m. Public prayer service; 6 to 9 p.m. Spanish community celebration.
• Oct. 19: Our Lady of Lourdes Church (Honokaa)—8 a.m. Arrival; 8:30 a.m. Mass; 9:30 to 11 a.m. Public viewing.
Annunciation (Waimea)—5 to 9 p.m. Prayer service.
• Oct. 20: Sacred Heart (Hawi)—10 a.m. Motorcade meets relic at the top of the mountain and rides through town with a stop at the hospital; 11:30 a.m. Mass; 3 to 4 p.m. Youth and children hour; 5 p.m. Rosary and prayers with music; 7 p.m. Mass; 9 p.m. closing.
• Oct. 21: St. Anthony (Laupahoehoe)—8 to 10 a.m.
Sacred Heart (Naalehu) and Holy Rosary (Pahala)—1 to 3 p.m.
St. Theresa (Mountain View)—4 to 5:30 p.m.
Holy Rosary (Keaau)—6 to 8 p.m.
* Relic taken to Sacred Heart, Pahoa, for overnight stay.
• Oct. 22: Sacred Heart (Pahoa)—6 a.m. to noon
• Malia Puka O Kalani (Keaukaha)—1 to 4 p.m.
• Immaculate Heart of Mary (Papaikou)—6 p.m. arrival, 7 p.m. Mass with anointing of the sick.
* Relic stays overnight at Immaculate Heart of Mary.
• Oct. 23: St. Joseph (Hilo)—8 a.m. to 9 p.m.; 6 p.m. Vicariate Mass.
Check out these related HawaiiMagazine.com posts:
Pope clears Father Damien for sainthood
Hawaii’s Saint Damien celebrated. Relic now on permanent display here.
Hawaii’s Father Damien: From priesthood to sainthood