HAWAII Magazine guide to watching the Vans Triple Crown of Surfingby: Vanessa Sim
posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 at 12:07 AM
Banzai Pipeline, Oahu
Billabong Pipeline Masters
• Location: Ehukai Beach Park, Kamehameha Hwy, 7 miles east of Haleiwa town
• Defending champion: Kelly Slater (Florida, California, Hawaii)
• Known by surfers for:
- Being home to the most dangerous and monstrous waves in the entire Triple Crown competition.
- Producing some of the most photographed and filmed waves in the world.
• Beach access: Easy. Just off Kamehameha Hwy.
• Bathrooms? Yes
• Parking? The Ehukai Beach Park parking lot will be open first come, first serve. Parking will also be allowed along Kamehameha Hwy.
• Food and drink? A lunch wagon with a variety of ready-to-eat snacks and drinks for sale.
Check out these related HawaiiMagazine.com posts:
HAWAII Magazine spectator guide to the 2010 Vans Triple Crown of Surfing
Holding period in place for 2012 Vans Triple Crown of Surfing on Oahu’s North Shore
Got surf? Holding period under way for 2011 Vans Triple Crown of Surfing on Oahu