Top 5 favorite places to catch a sunset: HAWAII Magazine Facebook poll resultsby: Maureen O'Connell
posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 at 12:04 PM
Waikiki Beach, Oahu
Favorite place to catch a Hawaii sunset? How could the annual crowds that continue to hold up Waikiki as the state’s visitor Mecca be wrong? With its typically gentle and long-lasting wave break, the waters are perfect for learning how to stand up on a surfboard or help paddle an outrigger canoe. While much of daily water-sports activity takes place near the Duke Kahanamoku statue, the best view of Diamond Head Crater is on the sand edging the pink Royal Hawaiian Hotel. Waikiki area also includes Fort DeRussy Beach, Kuhio Beach, and Queen Surf Beach.
Click on the links below for the Top 5 results from previous HAWAII Magazine Facebook Ohana poll questions.
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii scenic lookouts
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii valleys.
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii waterfalls.
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii-filmed TV series ever.
• Top 5 favorite natural wonders of Hawaii
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii plate lunch foods
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii small towns
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii-filmed movies
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii snacks
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii beaches
To subscribe to HAWAII Magazine, click here.
Photos: Aaron Holloway-Nahum — Turtle Bay (North Shore), Oahu; Joseph Cheng — Waikiki area, Oahu; Sascha Schindler — Sunset Beach (North Shore), Oahu; Jackie Hayenga — Airport Beach (Kailua-Kona area) Big Island; Derek Paiva — Haleakala summit, Maui; Ricardo Gaerlan — Kaanapali Beach, Maui; Carrie Stanley — Waikiki Beach
Check out these related HawaiiMagazine.com posts:
Oahu’s North Shore in one day: 5 things you need to do
Massive waves arrive on Oahu's North Shore. 50-foot surf expected today.
Let's buy the North Shore!
Char's Chopsticks: Oahu’s roadside treasures