Top Five snorkeling spots in the Islands: HAWAII Magazine Facebook poll resultsby: Maureen O'Connell
posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM
HANAUMA BAY, OAHU
Our Facebook ohana selected this ever-popular, circular-shaped shore on Hanauma Bay, near the southeast tip of Oahu, as their favorite snorkeling spot. Hanauma Bay is both a nature preserve and a marine life conservation district. An estimated 400 species of fish reside in its typically gentle waters. In addition to enjoying a bit of swim time with the marine life, it's important for visitors to do their part in helping to preserve the bay's delicate ecosystem. At Hanauma Bay, and at snorkeling spots throughout the Islands, please do not touch the sea creatures and coral. Also, make sure that you don't leave litter on the shorelines. Aloha!
Click on the links below for the Top 5 results from previous HAWAII Magazine Facebook Ohana poll questions.
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii beaches
• Top 5 favorite filmed-in-Hawaii TV series ever
• Top 5 must-have Hawaii foods (upon arrival in the Islands)
• Top 5 Hawaii parks
• Top 5 Hawaii music artists
• Top 5 favorite hiking trails
• Top 5 favorite places to watch a Hawaii sunset
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii scenic lookouts
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii valleys
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii waterfalls
• Top 5 favorite natural wonders of Hawaii
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii plate lunch foods
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii small towns
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii-filmed movies
Subscribe to HAWAII Magazine in print or on iPad.
Photos: Page 1, (top) Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay/Virginia "Gini" Moore; (bottom) Ke'e Beach/Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA), Robert Coello. Page 2, (top) Ka'annapali area/Hawaii Tourism Authority/Ron Garnett; (bottom) Honaua Bay, Maui/ Wikimedia Commons. Page 3, Kealakekua Bay, Big Island/Hawaii's Big Island Visitor Bureau. Page 4, (top) Molokini/Hawaii Tourism Authority/Ron Garnett; (bottom) Tunnels Beach, Kauai. Page 5, Hanauma Bay, Oahu/Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA) Heather Titus.
Check out these related HawaiiMagazine.com posts:
Top 5 favorite Hawaii snorkeling spots
Waikiki fishing ban aims to replenish fish population
Popular Maui snorkeling spot stays closed