Top 5 favorite filmed-in-Hawaii movies: HAWAII Magazine Facebook poll resultsby: Maureen O'Connell
posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
50 FIRST DATES (2004)
Our Facebook ohana selected this Adam Sandler-Drew Barrymore romantic comedy as their favorite Hawaii-filmed movie. Why? We’re betting that it was a combination of the movie’s sweet-and-goofy fictional story combined with compelling Hawaii greenery and shorelines. More than three-quarters of the film footage in 50 First Dates (some 76 minutes of screen time) spotlights rustic country scenery along Oahu’s windward side — from Bamboo Ridge, Waimanalo and Makapuu to Kaneohe Bay and Kualoa Ranch in Kaaawa.
Click on the links below for the Top 5 results from previous HAWAII Magazine Facebook Ohana poll questions.
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii snorkeling spots
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii beaches
• Top 5 favorite filmed-in-Hawaii TV series ever
• Top 5 must-have Hawaii foods (upon arrival in the Islands)
• Top 5 Hawaii parks
• Top 5 Hawaii music artists
• Top 5 favorite hiking trails
• Top 5 favorite places to watch a Hawaii sunset
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii scenic lookouts
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii valleys
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii waterfalls
• Top 5 favorite natural wonders of Hawaii
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii plate lunch foods
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii small towns
Subscribe to HAWAII Magazine in print or on iPad.
Photos: South Pacific, 20th Century Fox; Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Universal Studios, Wikimedia Commons; Blue Crush, Universal Studios; Soul Surfer movie poster, Wikimedia Commons; Blue Hawaii, Paramount Pictures; The Descendants, Fox Searchlight Pictures; and 50 First Dates, Columbia Pictures.
Check out these related HawaiiMagazine.com posts:
Sunset on the Beach free movies return to Waikiki this weekend
Bali Hai calls again! Mitzi Gaynor Kauai bound for South Pacific celebration
Lights! Camera! Hawaii! Movies and TV series now filming in the Islands.
Kauai beats Hollywood