Last fall, we asked our estimated 200,000 HAWAII Magazine print edition readers and website readers to share their “Hawaii best” selections in more than 60 categories. We tallied their picks — more than 50,000, in all — and compiled them into HAWAII Magazine Readers’ Choice Awards lists that appear in the March/April 2013 issue of HAWAII Magazine.
The categories cover various sorts of hotels and resorts; favorite Hawaiian islands and towns; favorite ways to get to Hawaii; favorite ways to get around while here; shopping favorites, ranging from best shopping center to best aloha shirt company/brand; activities, such as favorite island golf courses to best luau; and, of course, food and drink favorites galore.
In all, our inaugural HAWAII Magazine Readers’ Choice Awards consist of 372 winners listed in 59 categories. Want a sample?
Listed below are the Readers' Choice top 10 picks for the category of "Best Boutique Hotel."
1. Travaasa Hana (Hana, Maui)
2. The Modern Honolulu ( Waikiki, Oahu)
3. Koa Kea Hotel & Resort (Poipu, Kauai)
4. Hotel Wailea Maui (Wailea-Makena. Maui)
5. Aqua Lotus Honolulu (Waikiki, Oahu)
6. Hotel Renew (Waikiki, Oahu)
7. Hotel Lanai (Lanai City, Lanai)
8. Paia Inn ( Paia, Maui)
9. Wyndham Bali Hai Villas (Princeville, Kauai)
10. Aqua Waikiki Wave (Waikiki, Oahu)
Check out the other 362 picks in the new issue of HAWAII Magazine, which is available in print on shop newsstands nationwide and on the AppleiPad Newsstand.
Photos: (top) The Modern Honolulu (Waikiki, Oahu); (bottom) Travaasa Hana (Hana, Maui)