Top 5 favorite places to watch a sunset: HAWAII Magazine Facebook poll resultsby: Maureen O'Connell
posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Favorite place to catch a Hawaii sunset? How could the annual crowds that continue to hold up Waikiki as the state’s visitor Mecca be wrong? With its typically gentle and long-lasting wave break, the waters are perfect for learning how to stand up on a surfboard or help paddle an outrigger canoe. While much of daily water-sports activity takes place near the Duke Kahanamoku statue, the best view of Diamond Head Crater is on the sand edging the pink Royal Hawaiian Hotel. Waikiki area also includes Fort DeRussy Beach, Kuhio Beach, and Queen Surf Beach.
Click on the links below for the Top 5 results from previous HAWAII Magazine facebook ohana poll questions.
• Top 5 favorite scenic spots on Kauai
• Top 5 Big Island scenic hiking trails
• Top 5 shoreline spots for whale-watching
• Top 5 favorite Maui swimming beaches
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii natural wonders
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii towns
• Top 5 favorite filmed-in-Hawaii movies
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii snorkeling spots
• Top 5 favorite filmed-in-Hawaii TV series ever
• Top 5 must-have Hawaii foods (upon arrival in the Islands)
• Top 5 Hawaii parks
• Top 5 Hawaii music artists
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii valleys
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii waterfalls
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii plate lunch foods
Subscribe to HAWAII Magazine in print or on iPad.
Photos: Page 1 - (top) Waikiki area (Oahu), Joe Solem/Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA); (middle) Poipu Beach (Kauai) Pauline Carothers; (bottom) Turtle Bay/North Shore (Oahu), Aaron Holloway-Nahum. Page 2 - Anaehoomalu Bay area (Big Island), Kirk Lee Aeder/Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA). Page 3 - Airport Beach in Kailua-Kona area (Big Island), Jackie Hayenga. Page 4 - Kaanapali Beach (Maui), Ann Beck. Page 5 - (top) Wakiki (Oahu), Tor Johnson, Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA); (bottom) Waikiki (Oahu), John Livingstone.
Check out these related HawaiiMagazine.com posts:
Maui and Kauai counties begin ban on plastic shopping bags
Alaska Airlines Hawaii flight sale: one-way airfare deals as low as $159
Alaska Airlines expanding Hawaii routes. Intro Kauai airfares at $179
Alaska Airlines adds new Hawaii routes with intro $169 fare