Last fall, we asked our estimated 200,000 HAWAII Magazine print edition readers and website readers to share their “Hawaii best” selections in more than 60 categories. We tallied their picks — more than 50,000, in all — and compiled them into HAWAII Magazine Readers’ Choice Awards lists that appear in the March/April 2013 issue of HAWAII Magazine.
The categories cover various sorts of hotels and resorts; favorite Hawaiian islands and towns; favorite ways to get to Hawaii; favorite ways to get around while here; shopping favorites, ranging from best shopping center to best aloha shirt company/brand; activities, such as favorite island golf courses to best luau; and, of course, food and drink favorites galore.
In all, our inaugural HAWAII Magazine Readers’ Choice Awards consist of 372 winners listed in 59 categories. Want a sample?
Listed below are the Readers' Choice top 10 picks for the category of "Best Resort Spa."
1. Spa Grande at Grand Wailea (Wailea-Makena, Maui)
2. Anara Spa at Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa (Poipu, Kauai)
3. JW Marriott Ihilani, Ko Olina Spa (Ko Olina, Oahu)
4. The Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows Spa & Salon (Kohala Coast, Big Island)
5. The Ritz-Carlton Kapalua Spa (Kapalua, Maui)
6. Halelea Spa at St. Regis Princeville Resort (Princeville, Kauai)
7. Aulani: A Disney Resort & Spa, Spa & Fitness Center (Ko Olina, Oahu)
8. Mandara Spa & Fitness Center at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort (Waikiki, Oahu)
9. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Kaupulehu Spa (Kailua-Kona, Big Island)
10 Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea Spa (Wailea-Makena, Maui)
Check out the other 362 picks in the new issue of HAWAII Magazine, which is available in print on shop newsstands nationwide and on the Apple iPad Newsstand.
Photos: (top) Spa Grande at Grand Wailea (Wailea-Makena,Maui); (bottom) Anara Spa at Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa (Poipu, Kauai)