Win a Maui vacation for your best Hawaii photo. Only two weeks left to enter!by: Stephanie Loui
posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM
We're stoked about all of the amazing photo submissions we’ve received over the last three months and are still receiving every day for HAWAII Magazine's 15th annual Reader Photo Contest.
But we've gotta tell ya. If you've been stalling on sending in your photos, start putting 'em together.
There are only two weeks left before the contest's Aug. 9 entry deadline!
The grand-prize winner will get airfare for two to Maui from the winner’s nearest Hawaiian Airlines gateway city, plus a six-day/five-night stay at The Kapalua Villas on Maui. Also, the grand-prize winner will get: a three-day car rental from Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group; a $100 gift certificate for Star Noodle restaurant on Maui; a $50 gift certificate for The Gazebo restaurant on Maui; and a Jams Throw and Surf line Hawaii towel from Jams World. Finally, for taking the best in show title for HAWAII Magazine’s 15th annual Photo Contest, the grand-prize winner will get a Canon PowerShot A3400 IS digital camera and an 8GB SOHC card.
You may enter your photos in the following categories:
• People — Photos depicting individuals or groups, residents or visitors doing anything or nothing at all (outdoors or indoors) on any island.
• Outdoors — Photos depicting Hawaii's landscapes/ seascapes — natural or man-made, country or urban, mountain/beach (mauka/makai), close-up or at a distance.
• Culture — Photos depicting Hawaii’s diverse cultures — from Hawaiian to Japanese to Filipino and everything in between. Images may feature events, activities, artifacts, memorabilia, architecture, people, etc. Images may spotlight a single culture or many.
• Abstract — Photos depicting Hawaii or elements of Hawaii in a creative or rarely seen way. This category serves as an invitation for you to get experimental.
First-place prizes (one winner in each category) will score an Oahu tour for two from Gray Line Hawaii/Polynesian Adventure Tours, a pillow from Jams World, a gift pack from Maui Preserved, two day passes for Waimea Valley on Oahu, and two day passes for Wet’n’Wild Hawaii on Oahu.
Second-place winners (one in each category) will pick up a Surf Line Hawaii towel from Jams World, a gift pack from Maui Preserved, two day passes for Waimea Valley on Oahu, and two day passes for Wet’n’Wild Hawaii on Oahu.
Click here to check out the official contest rules and download an entry form.
Need some visual inspiration? Check out photo galleries of our 2012 and 2011 HAWAII Magazine Photo Contest winners and finalists by clicking the links below.
• 2013 HAWAII Magazine Photo Contest winners and finalists
• 2012 HAWAII Magazine Photo Contest winners and finalists
The winning photos will be published in the January/February 2014 issue of HAWAII Magazine. Additionally, winners and finalist photos will be published on HawaiiMagazine.com.
Good luck, photographers! We’re looking forward to seeing your best shots!
A big mahalo to all of our 15th annual HAWAII Magazine Photo Contest sponsors. Please click on their links above to find out more about them.
Past contest winners and finalists photos: Rudy Calpo (top), Marie Frost (center), Henry Aquilar (bottom)
Page 1 2 3 4 5
Check out these related HawaiiMagazine.com posts:
Where's the Photo Contest?
Win a bag of 100% Kona Coffee in HAWAII Magazine's Reader Photo of the Week contest
Eddie Aikau big wave contest begins with 45-foot North Shore Oahu surf. Watch it live online.
We want your Hawaii photos