Top 5 favorite Hawaii family-fun beaches: HAWAII Magazine Facebook poll resultsby: Maureen O'Connell
posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Waikiki Beach (Oahu)
Favorite Hawaii beach with something for everyone in the entire family? How could the visitors that continue to hold up Waikiki as the state’s vacation Mecca be wrong? With its typically gentle and long-lasting wave break, the waters here are perfect for learning how to stand up on a surfboard or help paddle an outrigger canoe. While much of daily water-sports activity takes place near the Duke Kahanamoku statue, the best view of Diamond Head Crater is on the sand edging the pink Royal Hawaiian Hotel. The Waikiki beach area also includes Fort DeRussy Beach, Kuhio Beach, and Queen Surf Beach. For more information about Waikiki Beach, click here.
Click on the links below for the Top 5 results from previous HAWAII Magazine Facebook Ohana poll questions.
• Top 5 Hawaii waterfalls
• Top 5 Hawaii snacks
• Top 5 places to watch a Hawaii sunset
• Top 5 favorite scenic spots on Kauai
• Top 5 Big Island scenic hiking trails
• Top 5 shoreline spots for whale-watching
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii natural wonders
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii towns
• Top 5 favorite filmed-in-Hawaii movies
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii snorkeling spots
• Top 5 favorite filmed-in-Hawaii TV series ever
• Top 5 Hawaii parks
• Top 5 Hawaii music artists
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii valleys
• Top 5 favorite Hawaii plate lunch foods
Subscribe to HAWAII Magazine in print or on iPad.
Photos: Page 1 - (top) Tor Johnson/Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA); (bottom) David Croxford/Poipu Beach Park. Page 2 - Wikimedia Commons/Hapuna Beach Park. Page 3 - Tor Johnson/Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA/ Kailua Beach Park. Page 4 - Ricardo Gaerlan/Kaanapali Beach. Page 5 - (top) Tor Johnson/Hawaii Tourism/ Authority (HTA) Waikiki Beach area; (bottom)Tor Johnson/Hawaii Tourism/ Authority (HTA).
Check out these related HawaiiMagazine.com posts:
Maui beaches No. 1 winter destination
A guide to Hawaii's best beaches for bodysurfing
Hawaii beach is no. 1 on Dr. Beach's best list. So why are we upset?
Only two Hawaii beaches make Dr. Beach top ten? What gives?