Win a Maui vacation from HAWAII Magazine in our 16th annual Reader Photo Contestby: Derek Paiva
posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 at 01:39 PM
Haleakala volcano summit at night, Maui; Grand Prize, 15th annual contest. Photo by Ron Raport.
Our readers love Hawaii as much as we do. So we’re always thrilled when they share their Hawaii experiences and memories with us.
One of the ways they most often share with us is through photos. Lots of photos. The best of these give even longtime residents like us new perspectives of Hawaii, and reaffirm why we are so very fortunate to call the Islands our home.
Got an amazing photo you took on your last Hawaii vacation? And we mean, truly amazing.
It could win you a return vacation in the Islands in our 16th annual HAWAII Magazine Reader Photo Contest! The contest is open to entries now through Aug. 8, 2014. Our grand prize this year is a round-trip for two to Maui on Hawaiian Airlines and a six-day/five-night stay at the Aston Kaanapali Shores hotel, plus a whole lot of other good stuff to make your vacation perfect.
Hercules' backflip, Lahaina, Maui; 2nd place, People Category, 15th annual contest. Photo by Leone Papalii.
Enter your photos in one of these four categories:
• People — Photos depicting individuals or groups, residents or visitors doing anything or nothing at all, indoors or outdoors, on any island.
• Outdoors — Photos depicting Hawaii’s multitude of outdoor landscapes—scenic or not-so-scenic, natural or man-made, country or urban, land or sea, mountain or beach, close-up or faraway.
• Culture — Photos depicting Hawaii’s many diverse cultures—from Hawaiian to Japanese, Filipino to Korean, and everything in between. Images may be of events, people, activities, artifacts, memorabilia, architecture, locations, etc., spotlighting a single culture or many.
• Abstract — Photos depicting Hawaii or elements of Hawaii in a unique, creative or rarely seen way. This is your chance to get experimental on us so go ahead and indulge!
You may enter up to eight photos, but no more than two photos per category. Make sure you send your photo (or photos) to us, postmarked by Aug. 8, 2014. Please read our contest rules page before entering.
Early morning at Waimea Canyon State Park, Kauai; 2nd place, Outdoors Category, 15th annual contest. Photo by Robin Riggs.
We’ll be giving away nine prize packages—one grand prize, four first-place and four second-place prizes.
GRAND PRIZE (one winner):
• Airfare for two to Maui from Hawaiian Airlines from your nearest Hawaiian Airlines gateway city.
• A six-day/five-night stay at the Aston Kaanapali Shores.
• A six-day car rental from Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.
• A Maui Light Chaser Private Half-Day Photo Ecotour with Photo Safari Hawaii.
• A gift box from Lanikai Bath and Body.
• A gift box from BIg Island Bees Organic Hawaiian Honey.
• A $50 gift certificate for The Gazebo restaurant on Maui.
• Two adult tickets to Ulalena at Maui Theatre.
• Two adult tickets to Burn'n Love at Maui Theatre.
FIRST-PLACE PRIZES (one winner in each category):
• First-place winners in each category will receive a gift box from Big Island Bees Organic Hawaiian Honey, a gift box from Lanikai Bath and Body, two adult passes to the Battleship Missouri Memorial, two adult passes to Waimea Valley and a jewelry piece from Ka Hoku Kai by Shanda's Hawaiian Designs.
SECOND-PLACE PRIZES (one winner in each category):
• First-place winners in each category will receive a gift box from Big Island Bees Organic Hawaiian Honey, a gift box from Lanikai Bath and Body, two adult passes to the Battleship Missouri Memorial and two adult passes to Waimea Valley.
Traditional Hawaiian tattooing, Honolulu, Oahu; 2nd place, Culture Category, 15th annual contest. Photo by Anthony Nguyen.
Need some visual inspiration? Check out our galleries of winning and finalist photos from our 15th and 14th annual Reader Photo Contests:
• 15th annual HAWAII Magazine Reader Photo Contest winners and finalists photo gallery
• 14th annual HAWAII Magazine Reader Photo Contest winners and finalists photo gallery
Winning photos in our 16th annual Reader Photo Contest will be published in the January/February 2015 of HAWAII Magazine. Winning and finalist photos will be published on HawaiiMagazine.com.
Good luck to all of you! We’re looking forward to seeing your photos.
And a big mahalo from us to all of our 16th annual HAWAII Magazine Photo Contest sponsors!
Spiral walkway at Aloha Stadium, Haleiwa, Oahu, 1st place, Abstract Category, 15th annual contest. Photo by Henry Aguilar.
Subscribe to HAWAII Magazine in its print edition, or digital editions for iPad, iPhone and Android.
Page 1 2 3 4 5
Check out these related HawaiiMagazine.com posts:
SLIDESHOW: HAWAII Magazine’s 13th Annual Photo Contest winners and finalists
HAWAII Magazine guide to getting to and staying on Molokai
Flying between the islands of Hawaii: What are your airline options?
Win a free Maui getaway from HAWAII Magazine for your most striking Hawaii photo