Still time to enter! Win a Maui vacation in our 16th annual Reader Photo Contest.by: Derek Paiva
posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Red ti leaves on Maui. Finalist, Abstract Category, 15th annual contest. Photo by Denise Criss.
Got an amazing photo you took on your last Hawaii vacation? And we mean, truly amazing.
It could win you a return vacation in the Islands in our 16th annual HAWAII Magazine Reader Photo Contest! Our grand prize this year is a round-trip for two to Maui on Hawaiian Airlines and a six-day/five-night stay at the Aston Kaanapali Shores hotel, plus a whole lot of other good stuff to make your vacation perfect.
One important thing to remember, though: You've now got only two months left to enter. Our photo contest is open to entries now through Fri., Aug. 8, 2014.
Boat ramp at Kihei, Maui; 1st place, Outdoors Category, 15th annual contest. Photo by Morris Asato.
Enter your photos in one of these four categories:
• People — Photos depicting individuals or groups, residents or visitors doing anything or nothing at all, indoors or outdoors, on any island.
• Outdoors — Photos depicting Hawaii’s multitude of outdoor landscapes—scenic or not-so-scenic, natural or man-made, country or urban, land or sea, mountain or beach, close-up or faraway.
• Culture — Photos depicting Hawaii’s many diverse cultures—from Hawaiian to Japanese, Filipino to Korean, and everything in between. Images may be of events, people, activities, artifacts, memorabilia, architecture, locations, etc., spotlighting a single culture or many.
• Abstract — Photos depicting Hawaii or elements of Hawaii in a unique, creative or rarely seen way. This is your chance to get experimental on us so go ahead and indulge!
You may enter up to eight photos, but no more than two photos per category. Make sure you send your photo (or photos) to us, postmarked by Aug. 8, 2014. Please read our contest rules page before entering.
Sunset leap at "The Rock," Waimea Bay, Oahu; Finalist, People Category, 15th annual contest. Photo by Anthony Nguyen.
We’ll be giving away nine prize packages—one grand prize, four first-place and four second-place prizes.
GRAND PRIZE (one winner):
• Airfare for two to Maui from Hawaiian Airlines from your nearest Hawaiian Airlines gateway city.
• A six-day/five-night stay at the Aston Kaanapali Shores.
• A six-day car rental from Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.
• A Maui Light Chaser Private Half-Day Photo Ecotour with Photo Safari Hawaii.
• A gift box from Lanikai Bath and Body.
• A gift box from BIg Island Bees Organic Hawaiian Honey.
• A $50 gift certificate for The Gazebo restaurant on Maui.
• Two adult tickets to Ulalena at Maui Theatre.
• Two adult tickets to Burn'n Love at Maui Theatre.
FIRST-PLACE PRIZES (one winner in each category):
• First-place winners in each category will receive a gift box from Big Island Bees Organic Hawaiian Honey, a gift box from Lanikai Bath and Body, two adult passes to the Battleship Missouri Memorial, two adult passes to Waimea Valley and a jewelry piece from Ka Hoku Kai by Shanda's Hawaiian Designs.
SECOND-PLACE PRIZES (one winner in each category):
• First-place winners in each category will receive a gift box from Big Island Bees Organic Hawaiian Honey, a gift box from Lanikai Bath and Body, two adult passes to the Battleship Missouri Memorial and two adult passes to Waimea Valley.
Koloa Sugar Mill left to rust, Koloa, Kauai; 1st place, Culture Category, 15th annual contest. Photo by Greg Page.
Need some visual inspiration? Check out our galleries of winning and finalist photos from our 15th and 14th annual Reader Photo Contests:
• 15th annual HAWAII Magazine Reader Photo Contest winners and finalists photo gallery
• 14th annual HAWAII Magazine Reader Photo Contest winners and finalists photo gallery
Winning photos in our 16th annual Reader Photo Contest will be published in the January/February 2015 of HAWAII Magazine. Winning and finalist photos will be published on HawaiiMagazine.com.
Good luck to all of you! We’re looking forward to seeing your photos.
And a big mahalo from us to all of our 16th annual HAWAII Magazine Photo Contest sponsors!
Haleakala volcano summit at night, Maui; Grand Prize, 15th annual contest. Photo by Ron Raport.
Subscribe to HAWAII Magazine in its print edition, or digital editions for iPad, iPhone and Android.
Page 1 2 3 4 5
Check out these related HawaiiMagazine.com posts:
Win a bag of 100% Kona Coffee in HAWAII Magazine's Reader Photo of the Week contest
Win Kona-grown coffee in HAWAII Magazine’s Photo of the Week contest
Win 1 lb. of 100% Kona-grown coffee in HAWAII Magazine’s Photo of the Week contest
Win 1 lb. of 100% Kona Coffee! Enter HAWAII Magazine’s Photo of the Week contest