Time is running out! Win a Maui vacation in our 16th annual Reader Photo Contest.by: Kristie Castanera
posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Halemaumau crater evening glow at Kilauea volcano's summit, Kau, Hawaii Island; Finalist, Outdoors Category, 15th annual contest. Photo by Miles Morgan.
Got some gorgeous photos from your last Hawaii vacation? Open up your photo albums—digital or otherwise—and send us your favorites.
Why? Glad you asked.
Your Hawaii photos just might win you a return vacation to the Islands via our 16th Annual HAWAII Magazine Reader Photo Contest! This year’s grand prize is a round-trip for two to Maui on Hawaiian Airlines and a six-day/five-night stay at the Aston Kaanapali Shores hotel, plus some other really rad stuff that’ll make your vacation perfect.
Don’t wait! As of today (July 21, 2014), you've got less than three weeks (just 18 days!) to enter. Our photo contest will be accepting entries through Fri., Aug. 8, 2014.
Fishing Oahu's southeast coastline, Oahu; Finalist, People Category, 15th annual contest. Photo by Marie Frost.
Enter your photos in one of these four categories:
• People — Photos depicting individuals or groups, residents or visitors doing anything or nothing at all, indoors or outdoors, on any island.
• Outdoors — Photos depicting Hawaii’s multitude of outdoor landscapes—scenic or not-so-scenic, natural or man-made, country or urban, land or sea, mountain or beach, close-up or faraway.
• Culture — Photos depicting Hawaii’s many diverse cultures—from Hawaiian to Japanese, Filipino to Korean, and everything in between. Images may be of events, people, activities, artifacts, memorabilia, architecture, locations, etc., spotlighting a single culture or many.
• Abstract — Photos depicting Hawaii or elements of Hawaii in a unique, creative or rarely seen way. This is your chance to get experimental on us so go ahead and indulge!
You may enter up to eight photos, but no more than two photos per category. Make sure you send your photo (or photos) to us, postmarked by Aug. 8, 2014. Please read our contest rules page before entering.
Reflection in downtown Honolulu office building, Honolulu, Oahu; Finalist, Abstract Category, 15th annual contest. Photo by Kim Reese.
We’ll be giving away nine prize packages—one grand prize, four first-place and four second-place prizes.
GRAND PRIZE (one winner):
• Airfare for two to Maui from Hawaiian Airlines from your nearest Hawaiian Airlines gateway city.
• A six-day/five-night stay at the Aston Kaanapali Shores.
• A six-day car rental from Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.
• A Maui Light Chaser Private Half-Day Photo Ecotour with Photo Safari Hawaii.
• A gift box from Lanikai Bath and Body.
• A gift box from BIg Island Bees Organic Hawaiian Honey.
• A $50 gift certificate for The Gazebo restaurant on Maui.
• Two adult tickets to Ulalena at Maui Theatre.
• Two adult tickets to Burn'n Love at Maui Theatre.
FIRST-PLACE PRIZES (one winner in each category):
• First-place winners in each category will receive a gift box from Big Island Bees Organic Hawaiian Honey, a gift box from Lanikai Bath and Body, two adult passes to the Battleship Missouri Memorial, two adult passes to Waimea Valley and a jewelry piece from Ka Hoku Kai by Shanda's Hawaiian Designs.
SECOND-PLACE PRIZES (one winner in each category):
• First-place winners in each category will receive a gift box from Big Island Bees Organic Hawaiian Honey, a gift box from Lanikai Bath and Body, two adult passes to the Battleship Missouri Memorial and two adult passes to Waimea Valley.
Traditional Hawaiian tattooing, Honolulu, Oahu; 2nd place, Culture Category, 15th annual contest. Photo by Anthony Nguyen.
Need some visual inspiration? Check out our galleries of winning and finalist photos from our 15th and 14th annual Reader Photo Contests:
• 15th annual HAWAII Magazine Reader Photo Contest winners and finalists photo gallery
• 14th annual HAWAII Magazine Reader Photo Contest winners and finalists photo gallery
Winning photos in our 16th annual Reader Photo Contest will be published in the January/February 2015 of HAWAII Magazine. Winning and finalist photos will be published on HawaiiMagazine.com.
Good luck to all of you! We’re looking forward to seeing your photos.
And a big mahalo from us to all of our 16th annual HAWAII Magazine Photo Contest sponsors!
Haleakala volcano summit at night, Maui; Grand Prize, 15th annual contest. Photo by Ron Raport.
Subscribe to HAWAII Magazine in its print edition, or digital editions for iPad, iPhone and Android.
Page 1 2 3 4 5
Check out these related HawaiiMagazine.com posts:
Still time to enter! Win a Maui vacation in our 16th annual Reader Photo Contest.
Win a Maui vacation from HAWAII Magazine in our 16th annual Reader Photo Contest
Win a bag of 100% Kona Coffee in HAWAII Magazine's Reader Photo of the Week contest