Designing your own floral arrangements is easier than you think. A few quick basics and a little creativity is all you need to become a DIY flower artist.
Flower Arranging 101
- Build a foundation with your sturdiest plants and flowers first.
- Add in your showstoppers (large or vibrant statement flowers).
- Fill in with your delicates and wispy elements.
- Hide the mechanics of the arrangement. Add more or shift around foliage to camouflage your frog or wires.
- Keep the arrangement relatively proportionate to its container.
- Take a step back every now and then to view your arrangement as a whole.