Run for the Whales
Maui - Makena and Wailea, Hawaii
Race starts at the Polo Beach lot in Wailea (next to the Fairmont Kea Lani) and continues along the scenic South Maui coast
(800) 942-5311, ext. 1
Part of the Great Maui Whale Festival. Runners and walkers are invited to join in the popular Run for the Whales
along the scenic coast of South Maui, from Wailea to Makena. Choose from a 5K walk/fun run or a half marathon run. There's also a 2K children’s race.
Participants receive a free race T-shirt, a free post-race breakfast and free timing (for the 5K and half marathon). There are medals for the top finishers and great prize giveaways.
The entry fee is:
$35 for the half marathon
$25 for the 5K
$20 for the keiki 2K.
Fees benefit marine education programs for Maui schoolchildren.
Click here for HawaiiMagazine.com article.
posted by Sherie
Note: The information included in this calendar has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change at any time without notice. While we do our best to make sure that the information is up-to-date and accurate, HAWAII Magazine does not assume responsibility for changes made. We strongly urge you to call the contact number listed for each event to verify the accuracy of the information.
- SLIDESHOW: "Heavenly Hanalei," Kauai's charming north shore getaway
- VIDEO: Lava lakes active within Kilauea volcano's Halemaumau and Puu Oo craters
- 12th Annual Photo Contest Winners/Finalists
- SLIDESHOW: Undiscovered Edens of Kauai
- VIDEO: Maui's Nakalele Blowhole in action
- VIDEO: Hawaii music legend Richard Hoopii sings "Ohuohu Kahakuloa" from his Maui backyard.
- VIDEO: Listen to the new "Hawaii Five-0" theme. Compare it to the classic.