Maui’s Parade of Whales
09:00am to 10:00am
Maui - Kihei, Hawaii
Along South Kihei Road, ending at Kalama Park by the big whale statue
Pacific Whale Foundation
(800) 942-5311, ext. 1
This community parade honors the humpback whales that migrate to Maui each winter. Featuring music, floats, gymnasts, marching bands, costumed characters and a life-sized humpback whale balloon.
The parade is the official kick-off to Whale Day, a free, all-day celebration of whales.
Want to participate in the parade? Call Pacific Whale Foundation at 1-800-942-5311, ext. 1 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.greatmauiwhalefestival.org for a downloadable parade sign-up form.
Click here for HawaiiMagazine.com article.
posted by Sherie
Note: The information included in this calendar has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change at any time without notice. While we do our best to make sure that the information is up-to-date and accurate, HAWAII Magazine does not assume responsibility for changes made. We strongly urge you to call the contact number listed for each event to verify the accuracy of the information.
- SLIDESHOW: "Heavenly Hanalei," Kauai's charming north shore getaway
- VIDEO: Lava lakes active within Kilauea volcano's Halemaumau and Puu Oo craters
- 12th Annual Photo Contest Winners/Finalists
- SLIDESHOW: Undiscovered Edens of Kauai
- VIDEO: Maui's Nakalele Blowhole in action
- VIDEO: Hawaii music legend Richard Hoopii sings "Ohuohu Kahakuloa" from his Maui backyard.
- VIDEO: Listen to the new "Hawaii Five-0" theme. Compare it to the classic.