The Great Whale Count
Maui - Islandwide, Hawaii
(808) 249-8811 or (800) 942-5311, ext. 1
Make it a memorable morning by joining in this annual citizens’ count of the
humpback whales that can be seen along Maui’s shorelines. No experience is
required; there’s no cost to participate. The research team at Pacific Whale
Foundation will provide the training and the tools. It’s a great way to
learn about humpback whales and whale research, and see more whales from
shore than you ever imagined.
To sign up, contact the Pacific Whale Foundation.
Click here for HawaiiMagazine.com article.
posted by Sherie
Note: The information included in this calendar has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change at any time without notice. While we do our best to make sure that the information is up-to-date and accurate, HAWAII Magazine does not assume responsibility for changes made. We strongly urge you to call the contact number listed for each event to verify the accuracy of the information.
- SLIDESHOW: "Heavenly Hanalei," Kauai's charming north shore getaway
- VIDEO: Lava lakes active within Kilauea volcano's Halemaumau and Puu Oo craters
- 12th Annual Photo Contest Winners/Finalists
- SLIDESHOW: Undiscovered Edens of Kauai
- VIDEO: Maui's Nakalele Blowhole in action
- VIDEO: Hawaii music legend Richard Hoopii sings "Ohuohu Kahakuloa" from his Maui backyard.
- VIDEO: Listen to the new "Hawaii Five-0" theme. Compare it to the classic.