20th annual Maui Onion Festival
Maui - Kaanapali, Hawaii
An all-day festival featuring recipe contests, games and prizes, a beer garden, live entertainment and food booths serving Maui onion rings.
The Maui Onion Festival has been a signature event at Whalers Village since 1990. It’s dedicated to the cultivation and promotion of the world-famous Maui Kula Onion and is attended by thousands of visitors and residents every year. This event is usually held in August, but starting this year, it'll be held on the first Saturday in May.
Special: Receive a free Maui Onion Festival canvas bag when you spend $150 or more.
Click here for the complete festival schedule.
posted by Sherie
Note: The information included in this calendar has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change at any time without notice. While we do our best to make sure that the information is up-to-date and accurate, HAWAII Magazine does not assume responsibility for changes made. We strongly urge you to call the contact number listed for each event to verify the accuracy of the information.
- SLIDESHOW: "Heavenly Hanalei," Kauai's charming north shore getaway
- VIDEO: Lava lakes active within Kilauea volcano's Halemaumau and Puu Oo craters
- 12th Annual Photo Contest Winners/Finalists
- SLIDESHOW: Undiscovered Edens of Kauai
- VIDEO: Maui's Nakalele Blowhole in action
- VIDEO: Hawaii music legend Richard Hoopii sings "Ohuohu Kahakuloa" from his Maui backyard.
- VIDEO: Listen to the new "Hawaii Five-0" theme. Compare it to the classic.