YOUR PHOTO COULD WIN YOU A FREE HAWAII VACATION!
Want to win a vacation in Hawaii? That stunning photo you snapped on your last visit to our Islands could be the grand-prize winner in our 15th Annual HAWAII Magazine Photo Contest!
We're flying our grand-prize winner to Maui on Hawaiian Airlines for a six-day/five-night stay at The Kapalua Villas Maui, and a great vacation prize package!
Please read the Official Photo Contest Rules, listed below, carefully. You may enter up to eight (8) photos, but no more than two (2) per category, by Fri., Aug. 9, 2013.
There will be nine prizes—one grand prize, four first-place and four second-place prizes. Winning photos will be published in the January/February 2014 issue of HAWAII Magazine.
Enter your photos in one of the following four categories:
Photos depicting individuals or groups, residents or visitors, doing anything or nothing at all, indoors or outdoors, on any island.
Photos depicting Hawaii's multitude of outdoor landscapes—scenic or not-so-scenic, natural or man-made, country or urban, land or sea, mountain or beach, close up or faraway.
Photos depicting Hawaii's many diverse cultures—from Hawaiian to Japanese, Korean to Filipino, and everything in between. Images may be of events, people, activities, artifacts, memorabilia, architecture, locations, etc., spotlighting a single culture or many.
Photos depicting Hawaii or elements of Hawaii in a unique, creative or rarely seen way. Your chance to get experimental.
Your submitted photos can be of anything matching each category, but need to have been photographed in Hawaii after May 2010.
Entries that fail to comply with photo contest rules will be disqualified. Photos will not be returned.
HERE ARE THIS YEAR'S PRIZES:
GRAND PRIZE (one winner):
• Airfare for two to Maui from Hawaiian Airlines from your nearest Hawaiian Airlines gateway city.
• A six-day/five-night stay at The Kapalua Villas Maui.
• A Canon PowerShot A3400 IS digital camera and 8GB SOHC card.
• A three-day car rental from Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.
• A Jam Throw and Surf Line Hawaii towel from Jams World.
• A gift pack from Maui Preserved.
• A $100 gift certificate for Star Noodle restaurant on Maui.
• A $50 gift certificate for The Gazebo restaurant on Maui.
FIRST-PLACE PRIZES (one winner in each category):
• First-place winners in each category will receive an Oahu tour for two from Gray Line Hawaii/Polynesian Adventure Tours, a pillow from Jams World, a gift pack from Maui Preserved, two day passes for Waimea Valley on Oahu, and two day passes to Wet'n'Wild Hawaii on Oahu.
SECOND-PLACE PRIZES (one winner in each category):
• Second-place winners in each category will receive a Surf Line Hawaii towel from Jams World, a gift pack from Maui Preserved, two day passes for Waimea
Valley on Oahu, and two day passes to Wet'n'Wild Hawaii on