Barack Obama delivers Hawaii-free Top 10 list on Letterman
Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama is a pretty good comedy writer.
Or maybe he should just be thankful that his—or David Letterman’s—joke writers aren’t on strike with other television scribes.
The former Hawaii-resident and graduate of Honolulu’s prestigious Punahou Schools rattled off a humorous Top 10 list on tonight’s Late Show with David Letterman.
Obama’s contribution to Letterman’s fertile collection of Top 10 lists?
Top 10 Barack Obama Campaign Promises.
Alas, there was no mention of our state anywhere on Obama’s Top 10 list. But Hawaii residents might want to be thankful for that.
Here’s the list:
10. To keep the budget balanced, I’ll rent the situation room for sweet sixteens.
9. I will double your tax money at the craps table.
8. Appoint Mitt Romney Secretary of Lookin’ Good.
7. If you bring a gator to the White House, I’ll wrassle it.
6. I’ll put Regis on the nickel.
5. I’ll rename the tenth month of the year Barack-tober.
4. I won’t let Apple release the new and improved iPod the day after you bought the previous model.
3. I’ll find money in the budget to buy Letterman a decent hairpiece.
2. Pronounce the word nuclear, nuclear.
1. Three words: Vice President Oprah.
UPDATE: Click here for a Late Show video clip.