Official 2019 Video Contest Rules
1. All contest entries must be submitted by Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
2. Employees of aio and its companies, judges, and contest partners and their immediate families are prohibited from entering the contest.
3. Contestants may enter multiple videos. Each entry must be submitted separately.
4. Color, black and white and sepia videos are eligible.
5. Videos must be formatted to 1920x1080px, and be no more than 200MB per individual file.
6. Only videos taken in Hawaii are eligible. All video submissions should state in the submission form when and where they were taken and (if possible) include the names of the people pictured.
7. A signed model release form is not needed if the video was taken at a public event or festival, or depicts an immediate family member.
8. Please do not send any previously published videos.
9. Winners will be notified in May 2019, after final judging by HAWAI‘I Magazine staff.
10. The 2019 Grand Prize winning video and the Viewers’ Choice winner will be published online at hawaiimagazine.com and on YouTube at youtube.com/havealohawilltravel.
11. HAWAI‘I Magazine and aio Media reserve the right to publish all winning videos and video contest entries to utilize them in the marketing and promotion of HAWAI’I Magazine, aio Group and/or PacificBasin Communications.
12. HAWAI‘I Magazine reserves the right to publish still images or video footage from video contest entries for editorial purposes in HAWAI‘I Magazine and on hawaiimagazine.com.
13. Entries that fail to comply with the Official Video Contest Rules will be disqualified.
14. Certain blackout dates may apply to Grand Prize winner’s travel.
15. Grand Prize winner and guest are responsible for their own transportation arrangements and costs above and beyond the Alaska Airlines flight certificate.
Mahalo for entering! Good luck!