HAWAI‘I Magazine’s 20th Annual Photo Contest
Want to win an Oahu vacation?
That breathtaking photo you snapped on your last visit to our Islands could be the grand prize-winner in our 20th Annual HAWAI‘I Magazine Photo Contest! Winning photos will be published in the January/February 2019 issue of HAWAI‘I Magazine.
GRAND PRIZE (ONE WINNER):
Roundtrip air travel for 2 to Honolulu on Alaska Airlines
For over 85 years, Alaska Airlines has been guided by integrity, caring, ingenuity, professionalism, and a unique spirit. Together with its partner regional airlines, Alaska Airlines serves 100 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica.
A six-day/five-night stay at the Surfjack Hotel & Swim Club in Waikiki
The Surfjack is a swell little spot in Waikiki. With handcrafted design elements created by local artists and a laid-back modern aloha atmospheric vibe, you simply can’t find a place like it anywhere else in the world. Warm staff and friendly service will make you feel like you are among friends. The Surfjack is a great place to experience the Hawaii of today while still being close to all the classic Hawaiian hot spots.
$500 gift voucher to Hawaii Camera
Hawaii Camera Rental is Oahu's go-to spot for renting cameras, lenses, underwater gear and pro video equipment from major brands like Canon, Nikon, Sony, Profoto and Panasonic.
FIRST-PLACE PRIZES (ONE WINNER IN EACH CATEGORY – 5 categories):
- First place winners in each category will receive one (1) $100 gift voucher to be used towards rental at Hawaii Camera.
Please read the Official Photo Contest Rules below carefully.
The Islands of Hawaii are special in so many different ways, and we want to see them through your lens. Whether it’s a dramatic sunset at a beach, an open-ocean adventure off the Napali Coast, a focused hula dancer at a festival, a food photo from one of the Islands’ many ethnic eateries, or cute photos of honu (Hawaiian sea turtles) and dolphins, choose from our five different categories and enter your best photo. You just might win our grand prize—a five-night, six-day trip to Oahu! You may enter up to eight photos, but no more than two per category. Enter your photos in one of the following five categories:
Your submitted photos can be of anything matching each category, but need to have been photographed in Hawai‘i after January 2016.
Entries that fail to comply with photo contest rules will be disqualified. Photos will not be returned.
*Please note: To offset the cost of processing all entries and ensure that we receive entries of the best quality, we will be charging an entry fee of $4.99 per photo this year.
Official Photo Contest Rules
1. All contest entries must be postmarked by Fri., Sept. 14, 2018.
2. Employees of aio and its companies, contest partners and their immediate families are prohibited from entering the contest.
3. Contestants may enter multiple photographs per category. Each entry must be submitted separately.
4. Color, black and white, and sepia pictures are eligible.
5. Images must be formatted to a minimum of 1800 pixels by 1200 pixels at 300 dpi (TIFF, JPG, or PSD format).
6. Only photos taken in Hawaii are eligible. All photos should state when and where they were taken and (if possible) include the names of the people pictured. Photos must have been taken after January 2016.
7. A signed model release form is not needed if the photo was taken at a public event or festival, or depicts an immediate family member.
8. Please do not send any previously published photographs.
9. Winners will be notified in December 2018, after final judging by HAWAI‘I Magazine staff.
10. The 20th Annual Photo Contest’s winning photos will be published in the January/February 2019 issue of HAWAI‘I Magazine.
11. HAWAI‘I Magazine and aio Media reserve the right to publish all winning photographs and photo contest entries to utilize them in the marketing and promotion of HAWAI’I Magazine, aio Group and/or PacificBasin Communications.
12. HAWAI‘I Magazine reserves the right to publish photo contest entries for editorial purposes in HAWAI‘I Magazine and on hawaiimagazine.com.
13. Entries that fail to comply with the Official Photo Contest Rules will be disqualified.
14. Travel must be completed by December 31, 2019, certain blackout dates may apply
15. Winner and guest are responsible for their own transportation arrangements and costs above and beyond the Alaska Airlines flight certificate.
Mahalo for entering! Good luck!