HAWAI‘I Magazine’s 21st Annual Photo Contest
Want to win a vacation on Hawaii Island?
That breathtaking photo you snapped on your last visit to our Islands could be the grand prize-winner in our 21st Annual HAWAI‘I Magazine Photo Contest!
$4.99 PER ENTRY. THIS COST HELPS US CUT DOWN ON SPAM AND ENCOURAGES SERIOUS ENTRIES ONLY.
GRAND PRIZE (ONE WINNER):
Alaska Airlines two (2) round-trip coach airfares
For over 85 years, Alaska Airlines has been guided by integrity, caring, ingenuity, professionalism, and a unique spirit. Together with its partner regional airlines, Alaska Airlines serves 100 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica.
A four-day/three-night stay at Hilton Waikoloa and a three-day/two-night stay at Grand Naniloa Hotel in Hilo
FIRST-PLACE PRIZES (ONE WINNER IN EACH CATEGORY – 5 categories):
- First place winners in each category will receive one (1) $100 VISA card
Winning photos will be published in the January/February 2020 issue of HAWAI‘I Magazine.
Please read the Official Photo Contest Rules below carefully.
You may enter up to eight photos, but no more than two per category. Enter your photos in one of the following five categories:
Your submitted photos can be of anything matching each category, but need to have been photographed in Hawaii no earlier than January 1, 2017.
Entries that fail to comply with photo contest rules will be disqualified. Photos will not be returned.
Official Photo Contest Rules
1. All contest entries must be postmarked by Fri., Sept. 13, 2019.
2. HAWAI‘I Magazine’s contest is open to all photographers, except employees of HAWAI‘I Magazine, PacficBasin Communications and aio Group.
3. Contestants may enter multiple photographs per category. Each entry must be submitted separately.
4. Color, black and white, and sepia pictures are eligible.
5. Images must be formatted to a minimum of 1800 pixels by 1200 pixels at 300 dpi (TIFF, JPG, or PSD format).
6. Only photos taken in Hawaii are eligible. All photos should state when and where they were taken and (if possible) include the names of the people pictured. Photos must have been taken no earlier than January 1, 2017..
7. A signed model release form is not needed if the photo was taken at a public event or festival, or depicts an immediate family member.
8. Please do not send any previously published photographs.
9. Winners will be notified in October 2019, after final judging by HAWAI‘I Magazine staff.
10. The 21st Annual Photo Contest’s winning photos will be published in the January/February 2020 issue of HAWAI‘I Magazine.
11. HAWAI‘I Magazine and PacificBasin Communications reserve the right to publish all winning photographs and photo contest entries to utilize them in the marketing and promotion of HAWAI’I Magazine, aio Group and/or PacificBasin Communications.
12. HAWAI‘I Magazine reserves the right to publish photo contest entries for editorial purposes in HAWAI‘I Magazine and on hawaiimagazine.com.
13. Entries that fail to comply with the Official Photo Contest Rules will be disqualified.
14. Travel must be completed by December 31, 2020, certain blackout dates may apply.
15. Winner and guest are responsible for their own transportation arrangements and costs above and beyond the Alaska Airlines flight certificate.
Mahalo for entering! Good luck!