Last fall, we asked our estimated 200,000 HAWAII Magazine print edition readers and website readers to share their “Hawaii best” selections in more than 60 categories. We tallied their picks — more than 50,000, in all — and compiled them into HAWAII Magazine Readers’ Choice Awards lists that appear in the March/April issue of HAWAII Magazine.
The categories cover various sorts of hotels and resorts; favorite Hawaiian islands and towns; favorite ways to get to Hawaii; favorite ways to get around while here; shopping favorites, ranging from best shopping center to best aloha shirt company/brand; activities, such as favorite island golf courses to best luau; and, of course, food and drink favorites galore.
In all, our inaugural HAWAII Magazine Readers’ Choice Awards consist of 372 winners listed in 59 categories. Want a sample?
Here’s the top 10 list for the category of "Best Luxury Hotel/Resort:"
1. Halekulani (Oahu)
2. Grand Wailea (Maui)
3. The Royal Hawaiian (Oahu)
4. St. Regis Princeville Resort (Kauai)
5. Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa (Kauai)
6. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Kaupulehu (Big Island)
7. Aulani: A Disney Resort & Spa (Oahu)
8. Four Season Resort Maui at Wailea (Maui)
9. Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa (Oahu)
10. The Ritz Carlton Kapalua (Maui)
Check out the remaining 10 picks for Best Luxury Hotel/Resort and the other 352 picks in the new issue of HAWAII Magazine, which is available in print on shop newsstands nationwide and on the AppleiPad Newsstand.
Photos: (top) Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa; (bottom) Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Kaupulehu