Congratulations to Konstanze Willbold of Sonoma, Calif.—winner of HAWAII Magazine’s 2013 Aloha Festivals Oahu Flyaway contest! Konstanze’s name was drawn at random from thousands of entries submitted.
What does Konstanze win?
• Complimentary Hawaiian Airlines round-trip coach airfare for two between Oahu and one of 11 gateway cities served by Hawaiian Airlines in North America.
• Five-days/four-nights complimentary accommodations at the Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki.
• Dinner for two at the Royal Hawaiian Center in Waikiki.
•. Passes for the Pearl Harbor & Honolulu City Highlights Tour. Also, passes for the South Shore Sea Cliffs Adventure Tours courtesy of Gray Line Hawaii/Polynesian Adventure Tours.
• Merchandise gifts from the Aloha Festivals.
• VIP seating at the 67th Annual Aloha Festivals Floral Parade, on Sept. 28.
Konstanze, 35, will be winging to Hawaii from California with her husband Brian, 37. It will be their first visit to the Islands. Expectations for their Aloha Festivals visit?
Says Konstanze, “We are looking forward to experiencing the vibe during the festival and learn about the Hawaiian culture and people.”
Sounds like a plan to us. Congrats, Konstanze!
The Aloha Festivals, now in its 67th year, is one of Hawaii’s longest-running cultural showcases and celebrations of Hawaii music, dance and history. Founded in 1946 as Aloha Week, the celebration was renamed Aloha Festivals in 1991. This year’s Oahu events began on Sept. 12, but its biggest events are still to come, just in time for Konstanze and Brian’s trip: the Aloha Festivals Waikiki Hoolaulea block party on Sept. 21, and Aloha Festivals Floral Parade, Sept. 28.
Mahalo to everyone in our HAWAII Magazine reader ohana who entered our 2013 Aloha Festivals Oahu Flyaway contest.
And a big mahalo to our wonderful flyaway sponsors: Hawaiian Airlines, Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki, Royal Hawaiian Center, Gray Line Hawaii/Polynesian Adventure Tour and Aloha Festivals for the awesome prize package.
Photos: Konstanze Willbold (top), Aloha Festivals (bottom)