Driving Maui's Road to Hana is a roller coaster ride of emotions, especially for those who are actually driving it.
1. “I love to drive, no problem. Let’s do this!”
2. “Will you look at that—the open road! These bamboo forests! Ocean blue! I LOVE DRIVING YES I DO.”
3. *after making a perfect hairpin turn* “Wow. I’m the best driver to have ever existed. I basically invented cars.”
4. *25 turns in* “I have to admit all these curves are kind of relaxing!”
5. *someone tells you there's 620 curves* "Wait, how many—are you joking?"
6. *passengers ooh-ing and aah-ing at waterfalls* “What'd I miss???"
7. “Is this ever going to end?”
8. *approaches first narrow one-lane bridge* “Ummm…”
9. *and another car is coming straight for you*
10. “Oh, youuuu feel sick. Okay.”
11. “I can’t wait to do this all over again, at night, in pitch black darkness."
12. “For the 10th time, no, we’re not stopping for banana bread again.”
13. *car following close behind you* “Don’t feel rushed. Don’t feel rushed. Don’t feel rushed.”
14. "Hope everyone likes Prince, because that's all we're listening to."
15. *pulls up to gas station after hours of driving* “Ha, I’m not pumping this tank up. Someone else in this car can help and do something with your lives for once.”
16. *when you make eye contact with other drivers at the Halfway to Hana stop* “I feel you."