So long, 2008! Time to say "Aloha!" to 2009.
If you’re lucky enough to be in Hawaii tonight, consider our picks for the prime places to watch the sky light up with New Year's Eve fireworks.
• 7 p.m., Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park, 91-400 Farrington Highway, Kapolei, (808) 945-3928.
• Midnight, JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa at Ko Olina, 92-1001 Olani St., Kapolei, (800) 626-4446.
• Midnight, Waikiki Beach near the Halekulani, 2199 Kalia Road in Waikiki. Note: the event is not sponsored by the Halekulani, rather the Waikiki Improvement Association. For more information, call (808) 923-1094.
• Midnight, Aloha Tower Marketplace, 1 Aloha Tower Dr #3000, Honolulu, (808) 528-5700.
• 10 p.m., Sheraton Kauai Resort, 2440 Hoonani Rd, Koloa, (808) 742-1661
• Midnight, Four Seasons Resort Lanai at Manele Bay, 1 Manele Bay Dr, Lanai City, (808) 565-2000.
Midnight, The Grand Wailea Resort, 3850 Wailea Alanui Drive, Wailea, (808) 875-1234
A few words of advice. Some sites may let visitors watch on the grounds without having to pay, or direct people to a public viewing site. For more information, call the phone numbers listed.
Hauoli Makahiki Hou—that's Happy New Year—from all of us at HAWAII Magazine and HawaiiMagazine.com!
See you in 2009!
Photo: Aloha Tower Marketplace