The Friends of the Library of Hawaii exists to promote and support Hawaii’s public libraries. The primary objectives of the Friends of the Library of Hawaii shall be:
• To assist in maintaining free public libraries in the State of Hawaii.
• To increase the facilities of the public library system of Hawaii by securing materials beyond the scope of the ordinary library budget.
• To award continuing education and scholarship grants.
• To focus attention on all public libraries.
• To encourage and accept by bequest or gift, donations of books, manuscripts, money, and other appropriate material that can enrich the cultural opportunities available to the people of Hawaii.
• To promote the extension of library services throughout the State of Hawaii.
KEY SERVICES PROVIDED
Established in 1879, the Friends of the Library of Hawaii (FLH) exists to support and promote Hawaii's 50 public libraries. FLH provides funding outside the regular state budget to support statewide literacy programs, grants to library branches, continuing education for library staff, scholarships for the next generation of librarians, technology upgrades, grant writing, and selection of the Librarian of the Year and Excellence in Service awardees each year.
EVENTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Friends of the Library of Hawaii (FLH) is a membership organization. Please support us through membership, donation or bequest, or visit one of our fundraisers.
The Annual Booksale each Summer at McKinley High School.
The Art & Booksale (Nov.) and Music & Booksale (Jan.) at Washington Middle School.
The Links to Literacy golf tournament each October.
Nainoa Mau, Executive Director
Lynnae Lee, President
Maia Rosen, Vice-President
Colin Lee, Treasurer
Keith Oda, Secretary
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Marlene Booth, Director
Jane Dickson, Director
Kathy Fay, Director
Tabitha Mitchell, Director
Susan A. Li, Director
Rebecca Nadler, Director
Kalani Sloat, Director
Allene R. Suemori, Director
Greg Valen, Director
Alan Yamamoto, Director
Stacey Aldrich, State Librarian
Friends of the Library of Hawaii
99-1132 Iwaena St., Aiea, Hawai‘i 96701
Phone: (808) 536-4174
Fax: (808) 536-5232