Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day.
And the last time we checked, Hawaii was still one of the most romantic spots on Earth. So … if you’re with us in the Islands this week, consider this list we put together of places ideal for spooning with your loved one tomorrow.
1. Hanalei Bay by moonlight.A song has been written about the Hanalei moon, but even if you don’t know the tune, you’ll feel its harmony. Even tomorrow night's quarter moon will suffice.
2. Lanikai at sunrise. There is nothing more beautiful than watching the sunrise over the Mokulua Islands, with your bare feet in the sand.
3. Kona Coast at sunset. Even better with a chilled glass of something nice in one hand, and your partner nearby.
4. A nighttime cruise off Waikiki. It may look crowded from the sidewalk, but from the water, the lights of Waikiki are like diamonds.
5. A picnic along the shore, just past Hana. It’s the closest you’ll come to your desert island fantasy.
Need a soundtrack for your day of romance? Return to Hawaiimagazine.comtomorrow for our staff-approved list of the eight most romantic songs ever to come out of Hawaii.
Trust us, it’s mix-CD nirvana.
Post-Valentine’s Day, HAWAII Magazine’s March/April cover story “Romance Hawaiian Style” promises sun-kissed stories of romantic adventure, extravagance and simplicity from our Islands. Look for it on newsstands later this month.