How the Hawaii Clean Energy Initiative is working toward a sustainable future
Hereʻs what Hawaii is doing to meet its clean energy goals
The Hawaii Clean Energy Initiative is a network of private sector, non-profit, and government leaders committed to helping Hawaii reach its clean energy goals. By activating key players, it builds upon the ongoing work of public and private organizations to:
• Define the new infrastructure needed to move Hawaii to a clean energy economy.
• Foster and demonstrate innovation in the use of clean energy technologies, creative financing and public policy to accelerate our transition to clean energy.
• Create economic opportunity by developing and diversifying Hawaii’s economy so all of us
reap the benefits of a sustainable energy policy.
• Establish an “open source” learning model that supports other Island communities seeking to achieve similar goals while making Hawaii a world model for clean, energy-based economies.
• Build our workforce with new skills that will form the foundation of an energy-independent Hawaii.
What can I do to help Hawaii reach its renewable energy goals?
• Keep abreast of the latest happenings in the renewable energy scene by joining the Hawaii Clean Energy Initiative mailing list at hawaiicleanenergyinitiative.org.