Want to intern at HAWAII Magazine?
We are looking for an editorial intern for the spring and fall semesters.
HAWAII Magazine is looking for an editorial intern for the spring and fall semesters who is interested in writing stories about Hawaii for the visitor market. You’ll be working alongside our editors to produce stories that may include hiking and camping adventures, city or beach guides, travel tips, firsthand tour experiences, new restaurant reviews or foodie finds.
The internship is for college credit only, and only applicants based on Oahu will be considered.
- Collaborate with the editor and editorial staff to generate story ideas
- Contribute articles to HAWAII Magazine’s website and print publication
- Assist with research, fact checking and copyediting
- Meet regular submission deadlines
- Other duties as needed
- Preferred 16-20 hours per week
- College credit only
- Journalism and English majors preferred
- Enthusiasm to write for this market
- Must be based on Oahu
Email your resume, cover letter and clips to HAWAII Magazine editor Christine Hitt, firstname.lastname@example.org.