No two hikes are the same in Hawaii. As evidenced by the diversity of trails deemed the best by our readers this year, there's a stunning, unique landscape and level for everyone.
Published in our 2016 HAWAIʻI Magazine Readers’ Choice Issue, these top 10 hikes—five for beginners, five for experts—are totally worth the effort.
In one of our most extensive voting windows ever, HAWAIʻI readers sounded off to share with us the hiking trails they won't be forgetting anytime soon.
Best Hiking Trail for Beginners
1. Diamond Head Summit Trail, Oahu
2. Manoa Falls Trail, Oahu
3. Kilauea Iki, Hawaii Island
4. Kalalau Trail (Napali Coast Trail) – Kee Beach to Hanakapiai Stream, Kauai
5. Nounou "Sleeping Giant" Trail, Kauai
Best Hiking Trail for Experts
1. Kalalau Trail (Napali Coast Trail), Kauai
2. Haleakala National Park: Keoneheehee "Sliding Sands" Trailhead to Paliku Cabin, Maui
3. Awaawapuhi Trail, Kauai
4. Waimanu Valley via Muliwai Trail, Hawaii Island
5. Haleakala National Park: Pipiwai Trail, Maui
More from HAWAIʻI Magazine's 2016 Readers' Choice Issue on newsstands now: