Catholic Charities Hawaii serves the people of Hawaii by providing a wide range of social services with compassion and a commitment to excellence.
KEY SERVICES PROVIDED
Catholic Charities Hawaii was chartered in 1947 by the Maryknoll Sisters to serve the growing social needs created by the effects of World War II in Hawaii. Today, we continue their legacy of caring by providing help to people in need, regardless of their faith or culture.
Catholic Charities Hawaii provides help and hope to over 40,000 individuals each year through over 30 programs and services statewide. Some of these services include:
- Assisting homeless families, individuals, veterans and seniors with supportive and financial services to obtain stable housing options.
- Offering outreach and counseling services for families, children and individuals.
- Keeping foster youth of all ages safe and supported in caring and nurturing homes.
- Strengthening at-risk families to develop the skills and support they need to provide a safe and stable environment.
- Empowering immigrants to have a significant role in their own self-determination.
- Sustaining independent living for seniors and persons with developmental disabilities.
Terrence L. Walsh Jr., President & CEO
Board of Directors
David Shanahan, Board Chair
Kim Jones, Board Vice President
David Kostecki, Board Treasurer
Ann Teranishi, Board Secretary
Christina Laney Mitre
Gina L. Marting
Jacob B. Noh
Linda S. Puu
Claudine San Nicolas
Very Rev. Msgr. Gary Secor
Most Rev. Clarence Silva
Terrence L. Walsh Jr.
Catholic Charities Hawaii
1822 Keeaumoku St., Honolulu, HI 96822
Youtube & Facebook: CatholicCharitiesHI