Catholic Charities Hawaii serves the people of Hawaii by providing a wide range of social services with compassion and a commitment to excellence.
KEY SERVICES PROVIDED
Catholic Charities Hawaii was chartered in 1947 by the Maryknoll Sisters to serve the growing social needs created by the effects of World War II in Hawaii. Today, we continue their legacy of caring by providing help to people in need, regardless of their faith or culture.
Celebrating its 70th anniversary this year, Catholic Charities Hawai‘i provides help and hope to over 40,000 individuals each year through over 30 programs and services statewide. Some of these services include:
- Assisting homeless families, individuals, veterans and seniors with supportive and financial services to obtain stable housing options.
- Offering outreach and counseling services for families, children and individuals.
- Keeping foster youth of all ages safe and supported in caring and nurturing homes.
- Strengthening at-risk families to develop the skills and support they need to provide a safe and stable environment.
- Empowering immigrants to have a significant role in their own self-determination.
- Sustaining independent living for seniors and persons with developmental disabilities.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
David Shanahan, Col. (Ret.), Board Chair
Linda Nishigaya, Board Vice President
Ann Teranishi, Board Secretary
Kim Jones, Board Treasurer
Cal Chipchase, Esq.
Leslie H. Correa, Ed.D.
Christopher Dang, Esq.
Shirley H. David
Susan L. Ing
Charlie R. Jones, Jr.
David M. Kostecki
Jeffrey A. S. Moniz
Paul Saito, Esq.
Claudine San Nicolas
Very Rev. Msgr. Gary Secor
Most Rev. Clarence Silva
PRESIDENT & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Catholic Charities Hawaii
1822 Keeaumoku Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
YouTube Channel: CatholicCharitiesHI