10 Resort Bags to Take You From Beach to Bar
Check out these purses and totes by Hawaii-based makers and sellers.
Poke bowls, reef-safe sunscreen, a towel for lounging on the sand—we’ve got big plans every time we’re out and about, and that means toting along a good amount of gear. As much as we’d love to rock our backpacker’s pack (except not at all) for a day out and about, there’s got to be another option. Luckily, our local makers and boutiques are stocking bags, totes and purses that are just the right amount of resort-ready chic. Whether you’re looking for a splash bag in which to stow your wet swimsuit, or the cutest straw crossbody for shopping the streets of Waikiki, these stylish picks have got it in the bag.
1. Local designer Manaola has been making waves in Hawaii with his gorgeous patterns made using a traditional Hawaiian bamboo stamp technique. This multi-pocketed, zippered tote has a versatile neutral tone, plus space to spare. $118, manaolahawaii.com
2. How beach-perfect is bright and cheery, statement-making tote from surf-chic go-to boutique Guava Shop on the North Shore? This unique beauty is made from the prettiest, hand-picked vintage Moroccan rug material. $160, guavashop.com
3. Straw, with the perfect color-contrasting straps: This gem is Riviera-to-Waikiki approved. $245, shopweareiconic.com
4. Keep your wet bits (bikinis) separate from your dry bits (phone) in some fierce shark-print style with this super functional Samudra pouch. Psst: It doubles as a sassy everyday clutch! $32, samudra11.com
5. Not only does this adjust to a backpack, making it perfect for adventures, it’s also got a heartbreakingly gorgeous bird of paradise design, and is handcrafted. $400, saltywestern.com
6. Your classic woven resort bag gets a splashy upgrade, with some vibrant colors that have got us feeling the summer vibes, even in the depths of winter. $108, ameliasamari.com
7. Just looking at this cheery rainbow number from the stylish curators at locally based Avela makes us happy. $78, shopavela.com
8. The aloha vibes on this uber-versatile canvas tote are anything but basic. $20, store.bigbadwolfkids.com
9. Cute-as-can-be, this ladylike basket bag was made for tropical jaunts. $48, theatdawn.com
10. Tropical goes glam with this luxe, bronze little number from Maui-based Alola. Made of goat leather and emblazoned with a sleek banana leaf print, it will take you from days on the beach to nights in the city. $123, bikinibird.com