16 Hawaii hotels among the world’s best
Travel + Leisure Magazine’s 2008 list of the world’s 500 best hotels features 16 properties from Hawaii.
The annual list is determined from a poll of T+L readers, who graded their experiences at hotels and resorts worldwide.
The highest ranking Hawaii resort this year?
The Big Island’s consistently top-ranked Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, which broke into the T+L list’s Top 10, moving up three spots from No. 12 to No. 9.
Just the thought makes us daydream about being there—the sunset view from a ground floor, ocean view room — the lava rock outdoor showers — and a Hualalai hot rock massage. Not to mention cocktails at sunset in the lounge while Grammy winner Charles Michael Brotman plays slack-key.
Four Seasons Resorts Hawaii properties, in fact, took up four of the Top 5 spots for highest-ranking Hawaii hotels.
Congratulations to the Four Seasons Hualalai and the other great Hawaii properties that made the T+L best 500 cut.
Here they are, ranked in order of their placement on the list. Clink on each to go to its Web site.
1. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Big Island
2. Halekulani, Oahu
3. Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailiea, Maui
4. Four Seasons Resort Lanai, The Lodge at Koele, Lanai
5. Four Seasons Resort Lanai at Manele Bay, Lanai
6. Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
7. Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows, Big Island
8. Hotel Hana-Maui & Honua Spa, Maui
9. Kahala Hotel & Resort, Oahu
10. Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa, Kauai
11. Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa, Maui
12. Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui
13. Royal Hawaiian, Oahu
14. Fairmont Orchid, Big Island
15. Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel, Big Island
16. Princeville Resort, Kauai