And the winner of HAWAII Magazine’s Travaasa Maui vacation contest is…
Congratulations to Sandy Zubiate of Los Angeles — winner of HAWAII Magazine’s Travaasa Giveaway Maui vacation sweepstakes.
Sandy’s name was drawn at random from more than 7,100 sweepstakes entries submitted over the last eight weeks. Her prize?
• five days/four nights complimentary accommodations for two in an ocean view, plantation-style “Sea Ranch Cottage” with a private lanai at Travaasa Hana, Maui;
• complimentary roundtrip airfare on Mokulele Airlines for the winner and one guest between Kahului, Maui to Hana, Maui;
• ground transportation to and from Hana Airport ;
• daily breakfast at Travaasa Hana’s Kauiki Restaurant for two;
• a 60-minute couples massage at the award-winning Spa at Travaasa Hana ;
• and $1,000 spending cash — cash card.
For Sandy, 32, and her fiancé, Ian Koniak, 34, (pictured, above) the win is perfectly timed. The couple already had plans in the works to honeymoon on Maui after their wedding, set for August. Before getting word of their win earlier this week, they had reservations for a stay at a resort on Maui’s west side but had yet to book the remaining five or so days of their planned stay on the Garden Isle.
Still a bit stunned by the win, Ian said, “We’re ecstatic.” When asked about Sandy’s sweepstakes entry, he laughed and added, “She enters contests all the time but never wins anything.”
While visiting Maui, the newlyweds hope to take a downhill bicycling tour, which starts atop Haleakala; take in an aerial view of the island by way of helicopter ride; any try other activities, ranging from snorkeling and horseback riding to hiking.
At Travaasa Hana (formerly Hotel Hana-Maui), situated at Maui’s remote and scenic eastern tip, many of the featured activities are tied to popular local and regional pursuits and traditions, ranging from stand-up paddle boarding and demonstrations of throw net fishing to ukulele lessons and hula.
Mahalo to everyone in our HAWAII Magazine reader ohana who entered the Travaasa Hana vacation sweepstakes. And a grateful mahalo nui loa to Travaasa Hana, Maui and Mokulele for the wonderful prize package for our contest winner!