Cultural Entertainment Returns to Royal Hawaiian Center
Enjoy live Hawaiian music and cultural classes again at this popular Waikīkī shopping and entertainment complex.
Cultural classes and Hawaiian entertainment returns to the Royal Hawaiian Center. Since the center opened its doors on Kalakāau Avenue in 1980, it has welcomed both locals and visitors and aimed to provide the best shopping and dining experiences and cultural lessons.
Step into The Royal Grove to discover the legacy of Helumoa, Waikīkī’s historic coconut grove. On Wednesday evenings, enjoy the melodies of Hawaiian music favorites and throughout the weekend, witness the beauty of keiki (kids) hula, hula kahiko (ancient hula) and hula ‘auana (modern hula).
Here’s the center’s weekly schedule for live entertainment and hula performances:
Live Music Entertainment
- Tuesdays, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.: Kawika Trask Trio
- Wednesdays, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.: Pu‘uhonua
- Thursdays, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.: Ha‘eha‘e Girls
- Fridays, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.: Malu Productions
- Saturdays, 11 a.m. to noon.: Keiki hula
- Saturdays, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.: Hula kahiko
- Sundays, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.: Hula ‘auana
Performers will be 10 feet from guests. Guests should continue wearing their masks and must remain socially distanced at least 6 feet from one another. (Performances are subject to change or cancelled without notice.)
Embrace the rich heritage of Hawai‘i with free cultural classes for keiki to kūpuna (elders) at Royal Hawaiian Center.
Here’s the center’s weekly schedule for cultural classes:
- Mondays, 11 a.m.: ‘Ukulele lessons at Helumoa Hale
- Tuesdays, 11 a.m. : Hula lessons at The Royal Grove Stage
- Wednesdays, noon: Lau hala weaving in Building A, Level 2
- Thursdays, noon: Keiki hula class at The Royal Grove Stage
- Fridays, noon: Lei-making class in Building A, Level 2
Classes are limited to the first 16 persons, ages 7 and older. All classes are first-come first-served, no reservations allowed. (Classes are subject to change or cancellation without notice.)
Enjoy Royal Hawaiian Center’s free validated parking for the first hour with a minimum $10 purchase and $2 only each hour for the second and third hours; standard rates at $6 apply thereafter.
Kama‘āina and military get additional savings. With a minimum $10 purchase, receive three free hours of validated parking; standard rates apply thereafter. Validations MUST be redeemed at Helumoa Hale Guest Services from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. with receipts and a valid Hawaiʻi State I.D., driver’s license or military I.D. No exceptions.