Romantic Hawaii restaurants for a Valentine’s Day dinner this year
If you need another reason for a fantastic dinner on Oahu, Valentine’s Day is less than two weeks away. Here are four restaurants with deliciously detailed prix fixe menus ready to help you celebrate life, love and good eats. Definitely make reservations—and soon—or you’ll be left getting fast food.
Presented by Moment Romance—a new social networking app that puts you in the right place at the right time to meet people. Available now for both Apple iOS
and Android devices.
Alan Wong’s Restaurant
An annual award winning restaurant, Alan Wong’s offers classic Hawaiian-regional cuisine in a fine dining setting. It’s a great place to go for special occasions, including Valentine’s Day.
This year’s prix fixe menu:
- a trio of appetizers for couples to share including a crab, shrimp, lobster tomato cocktail
- octopus crudo
- Sweet Land Farm’s heart chevre with honey and pomegranate molasses.
- North Shore-raised tilapia with kalua pig
- miso-braised duck
- prime strip loin medallion with Waialua asparagus and Ho Farms tomato
The dessert is a surprise
Prix fixe menu, $95 per person. The ala carte menu will not be available February 14. alanwongs.com/events/happy-valentines-day
Beachhouse at the Moana Surfrider
If you’re looking for a special dinner in Waikiki, look no further than the Beachhouse in the Moana Surfrider. The oceanfront restaurant is featuring two Valentine’s Day menus. During its first reservation seating from 5:30 to 6:45 p.m.:
The four-course prix fixe menu features:
- local greens
- muscovy duck
- wagyu short rib
- chocolate cake and rose apple pie for dessert
From 7 to 9:30 p.m. there six courses, including an additional ostera caviar and Hokkaido scallop.
Four-course dinner, $100 per person. Six-course dinner $140 per person. beachhousewaikiki.com
The Pig & the Lady
If may only be February, but this special prix fixe menu at the Pig & the Lady might be the culinary experience of the year. Chef Andrew Le has prepared a prix fixe menu for the evening that goes something like this:
- mangalista ham croquette
- Kualoa Farm oyster
- pickled pineapple mignonette
- foie gras mousse
- pink peppercorn macaron
- black truffle cacio e pepe
- charcoal grilled opah belly
- braised beef shank bo kho
Make room for the chocolate banana dulce for dessert.
But if strictly vegetables are your type, there’s also an alternative vegetarian version for the evening.
Prix fixe menu, $85 per person, or with wine pairings $140 per person. thepigandthelady.com/valentines
Hoku’s at the Kahala Hotel
Treat you and your valentine to dinner at Hoku’s, the signature restaurant of the Kahala Hotel & Resort. This Valentine’s Day, the beachside restaurant has curated a prix fixe menu featuring:
- ahi (tuna) cube with bagna càuda style vegetables
- poached half Maine lobster with a curry lobster sauce
- your choice of a grilled beef tenderloin with sautéed foie gras and asparagus,
- or a sous vide Colorado lamb chop with a pine nut mash and cherry tomato rosemary fondue
For dessert, there’s seasonal strawberry compote with ice cream.
Prix fixe menu, $120 per person. www.kahalaresort.com/honolulu_restaurants/hokus/