Four Seasons Resort Lānaʻi is Best in the Nation Again
The luxe Lānaʻi resort earned the top spot in the 2021 Best Hotels in the USA by U.S. News & World Report.
For the second year in a row, the Four Seasons Resort Lānaʻi, located at Manele Bay, earned the No. 1 top ranking on both the 2021 Best Hotels in the USA and Best Resorts in the USA lists published by U.S. News & World Report. (See the full report here.)
The annual Best Hotels rankings evaluated more than 30,000 luxury properties across 400-plus destinations in the United States, Europe, Bermuda, Mexico, Canada and the Caribbean.
Experts and travelers raved about the Four Seasons Resort Lānaʻi’s numerous amenities, “ranging from picturesque pools and a world-class golf course to daily activities like sailing, beachfront yoga and cultural tours.”
Other Hawaiʻi properties that made the list:
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, Maui (#3 Resort in U.S., #7 Hotel in U.S.)
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Hawaiʻi Island (#10 Resort in US; #21 Hotel in U.S.)
- Montage Kapalua Bay (#12 Resort in U.S., #24 Hotel in U.S.)
- Halekūlani, Oʻahu (#21 Resort in U.S.; #49 Hotel in U.S.)
- The Kāhala Hotel & Resort, Oʻahu (#22 Resort in U.S.; #50 Hotel in U.S.)
- Hotel Wailea, Maui (#24 Resort in U.S., #54 Hotel in U.S.)
- Fairmont Orchid, Hawaiʻi Island (#29 Resort in US; #67 Hotel in U.S.)
- Four Seasons Resort Oʻahu at Ko ʻOlina, Oʻahu (#30 Resort in U.S.; #69 Hotel in U.S.)
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, Maui (#36 Resort in U.S., #79 Hotel in U.S.)
- Ko’a Kea Hotel & Resort at Poʻipū Beach, Kauaʻi (#51 Resort in U.S.)
- Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort, Maui (#53 Resort in U.S.)
- Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort and Spa, Kaua’i (#55 Resort in U.S.)
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection, Hawaiʻi Island (#89 Resort in U.S.)
All six Maui properties also were awarded Gold Badges for ranking in the top 10 percent of properties considered.
When considering properties for the Best Resorts lists, editors look into whether the property offers amenities typically associated with a resort, including golf courses, multiple pools, spas, casinos, on-site activities and numerous restaurants.
It’s no surprise that Four Seasons Resort Lānaʻi topped the list. The ultra-luxe resort seamlessly blends Hawaiian culture with modern amenities, offering everything from classes led by kūpuna (elders, teachers) on hula to catamaran cruises of Lānaʻi’s remote coastline. The resort’s Jack Nicklaus-designed Manele Golf Course is so gorgeous, Bill Gates decided to get married there.