HAWAI‘I Magazine's 19th Annual Photo Contest
Want to win a Maui vacation? That breathtaking photo you snapped on your last visit to our Islands could be the grand prize-winner in our 19th Annual HAWAI‘I Magazine Photo Contest!
Grand Prize (One winner):
- A six-day/five-night stay at Westin Nanea Ocean Villas, Ka‘anapali
- $500 gift certificate to Hawaii Camera
- Pacific Whale Foundation – Molokini & Turtle Arches Snorkel Tour for 2
- $50 gift certificate for Gazebo Restaurant
First-Place Prizes (One winner in each category - 4 categories):
- First place winners in each category will receive one (1) $100 gift card to be used towards rental at Hawaii Camera
Winning photos will be published in the January/February 2018 issue of HAWAI‘I Magazine.
Please read the Official Photo Contest Rules carefully.
Enter your photos in one of the following four categories:
PEOPLE: Photos depicting individuals or groups, doing anything or nothing at all, indoors or outdoors, on any island.
OUTDOORS: Photos depicting Hawai‘i’s multitude of outdoor landscapes—scenic or not-so-scenic, natural or manmade, country or urban, land or sea, mountain or beach, close-up or faraway.
CULTURE: Photos depicting Hawai‘i’s diverse ethnic cultures—from Hawaiian to Japanese, Korean to Filipino, and everything in between. Images may be of events, people, activities, artifacts, memorabilia, architecture, etc., spotlighting one culture or many.
ABSTRACT: Photos depicting Hawai‘i or elements of Hawai‘i in a unique, creative, unusual or rarely-seen way. Your chance to get experimental.
Your submitted photos can be of anything matching each category, but need to have been photographed in Hawai‘i after January 2015.
Entries that fail to comply with photo contest rules will be disqualified. Photos will not be returned.
OFFICIAL PHOTO CONTEST RULES
- All contest entries must be postmarked by Fri., Sept. 15, 2017.
- HAWAI‘I Magazine’s contest is open to all photographers, except employees of HAWAI‘I Magazine, PacficBasin Communications and aio Group.
- Contestants may enter multiple photographs per category. Each entry must be submitted separately.
- Color, black and white, and sepia pictures are eligible.
- Images must be formatted to a minimum of 1800 pixels by 1200 pixels at 300 dpi (TIFF, JPG, or PSD format).
- Only photos taken in Hawai‘i are eligible. All photos should state when and where they were taken and (if possible) include the names of the people pictured. Photos must have been taken after January 2015.
- A signed model release form is not needed if the photo was taken at a public event or festival, or depicts an immediate family member.
- Please do not send any previously published photographs.
- Winners will be notified in December 2017, after final judging by HAWAI‘I Magazine staff.
- The 19th Annual Photo Contest’s winning photos will be published in the January/February 2018 issue of HAWAI‘I Magazine.
- HAWAI‘I Magazine and PacificBasin Communications reserve the right to publish all winning photographs and photo contest entries to utilize them in the marketing and promotion of HAWAI’I Magazine, aio Group and/or PacificBasin Communications.
- HAWAI‘I Magazine reserves the right to publish photo contest entries for editorial purposes in HAWAI‘I Magazine and on hawaiimagazine.com.
- Entries that fail to comply with the Official Photo Contest Rules will be disqualified.
Mahalo for entering! Good luck!